Pune’s Dalit violence reaches Mumbai, revolt police called in: 10 updates
Pune: Dalits hit the streets in parts of Mumbai these days to protest towards the violence that took place 148 km away in Pune the previous day. in the wallet of the economic capital, the police donned riot tools as incidents of stone-pelting have been mentioned. traffic changed into a hit at the eastern specific highway near Mumbai, educate offerings had been affected, and a protester who became looking to set himself on the hearth changed into stored simply in time. Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis has warned people now not to unfold rumors on social media. He has additionally ordered a judicial inquiry into Monday’s clash, wherein a person had died.
Top 10 updates:
- Leader minister Devendra Fadnavis has appealed for peace, announcing Maharashtra is a revolutionary nation which does now not consider in casteist violence. he additionally warned that strict motion may be taken against individuals who use social media to spread rumors. announcing the inquiry into Monday’s violence, Mr. Fadnavis said it’ll be headed by a sitting choose.
- Stores and commercial enterprise institutions had been closed and a journalist became attacked as corporations of youths from Chembur, Vikhroli, Mankhurd, and Govandi joined the protest, the police said.
- The principal railway suspended suburban offerings among Kurla and Vashi on its harbor hall and is running special services between CsmtKurlaa and Vashi-Panvel section.
- Traffic got here to a standstill this morning on the eastern express dual carriageway in Mumbai, which re-opened post-noon. in a tweet, the police stated there has been “no motive to panic” and one should “verify statistics with police officers” before posting whatever on social media.
- The police have also denied reports of prohibitory orders banning big gatherings in Chembur or every other a part of the town.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi attacked the BJP and its ideological mentor RSS, tweeting: “a central pillar of the RSS/BJP’s fascist imaginative and prescient for India is that Dalits must remain at the lowest of Indian society. Una, Rohith Vemula and now Bhima-Koregaon are amazing symbols of the resistance.”
- On Monday afternoon, companies of Dalits, who have been the on the manner to an occasion near Pune city to mark 200 years of the Bhima Koregaon war, had been attacked and their motors have been damaged.
- The violence, which started out after a controversy and stone-throwing, soon spun out of manage. a man died, 40 motors had been damaged and less than 1/2-a-dozen humans had been injured. the police stated the deceased guy belonged to an upper caste.
- The police had to block visitors the on Pune-Ahmednagar toll road to save you the state of affairs from escalating, shut down internet services and limit motion of people earlier than the state of affairs changed into introduced beneath control.
- Dalits examine January 1 as “Vijay Diwas” to commemorate the war fought in 1818, in which a battalion of British East India organization comprising Dalits had defeated so-called upper-caste Peshwa squaddies.
- More Updates Click Here.