Image by:- World Wide Vital Marketing & Public Relations Inc.
1) Code of ethics provides norms and principles to the computer users and system professional
2) Broadly code of ethics consists of:-
- Contribute to society and human well being.Avoid harms to other
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be fair.
- Honor property rights including copyright and patent.
- Give proper credit to intellectual property.
3) Professional Responsibilities.
- Strive to achieve the highest quality, effectiveness
- Acquire and maintain professional competence.
- know and respect existing law pertaining to professional work.
- Accept and provide appropriate professional review.
- Honor contracts, agreements, and assigned responsibilities.
- improve public understanding of computing.
4) Compliance with code
- Uphold and promote the principles of this code.
Do’s and Don’ts for the ethics culture of the computer professional.
This is of Information Technology and ethics for the computer users are considered with do’s and don’ts on the road of the internet.
- Use the internet to help the work required for the knowledge base. The Internet is a source of great volumes of information.
- Use the internet to visit the places i.e. websites required to enrich the knowledge base.
- Use the internet the communicate messages.
- Be careful about talking to the stranger on a computer network.
- Respect the privacy of other users on the internet, just as you expect your privacy to be respected.
- Use the internet to learn more and more.
- Be careful when you download programs from the internet.
- Use a virus scan program before loading it on your computer.
- Don’t give your password to anyone. Passwords are intended to protect your computer and your files.
- Don’t answer messages that make you feel uncomfortable because they seem improper threatening.
- Don’t arrange to meet any unauthorized person met on the internet.
- Don’t give any personal information such as your family address phone number, credit card details, to anyone on a computer that you don’t personally Know.
- Don’t try to break into computers.
- Don’t steal copyrighted computer programs.
- Don’t make duplication of any copyrighted material, like books, magazines without permission of the author, publisher etc.